This is my first blog award and a big thank you to Dora Chirstofi of Trip-experiences for nominating me for the Liebster award. It is great to get acknowledged by fellow travel bloggers and see so many globetrotters penning down their journeys in such wonderful ways. The Liebster award is given from one blogger to another as a gesture of appreciation towards your blog and to be able to discover more blogs and connect with the travelers who write them.
Rules to follow for the Liebster award:
- Give a shout out to the person who nominated you for the award
- Illustrate the award on your blog
- Post answers to the 11 questions asked to your by the blogger who nominated you.
- List down 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate budding travel bloggers who you think deserve getting acknowledged.
- Write a list of questions for your nominees to answer.
So here are the answers to the questions I was asked by Dora Christofi after nominating me.
Three words that describe you.
Traveler. Foodie. Dreamer.
Your favorite destination?
Do you have a full time job?
No. I work as a freelance blogger and social media expert
Do you have kids?
No, I don’t.
How much time do you spend everyday writing on your blog?
Approximately 2-3 hours per day, if not more.
How many times per month do you travel
1-2 short trips every month. Although I love to, I don’t travel very frequently
Have you ever received any kind of sponsorship to travel?
None yet, my blog is very new to receive any kind of travel sponsorships
What are your travel plans for 2016?
Italy, Greece, Vietnam, Chile and a few destinations in India.
Where was your favorite travel experience?
Scotland! That was my first international trip and I left a piece of my heart there. I can’t wait to go back.
Summer,Autumn, Winter or Spring?
Monsoon, but since that is not one of the options I like spring better.
Describe your blog in 3 words
Transforming escapes is a travel blog about an ordinary girl seeking extra-ordinary adventures and eating her way around the world 🙂
11 Random facts about me!
- I’m a psychotherapist by profession but then I switched careers due to lack of flexibility and creativity
- I am a self-confessed pizza fanatic
- Although I’m a travel blogger, I’m not always traveling. I like striking a balance between travel and life.
- I was schooled in the UK for two years.
- My favorite place to unwind is Goa!
- I’m born on 1st June.
- I love rain!
- I love cooking in exotic locations using local produce
- I’m a vegetarian and a teetotaler.
- I have never stayed at a hostel
- I prefer Instagram over Twitter.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster award:
Anushree Kini – Hungry Travellers
Tara Barnes – Hippie Hits The Road
Aditi Mokashi – Hop Skip And Fly
Ayandrali Dutta – Wanderlust Craving
Ashima Sharma – The Logical Traveler
Neeley Drown – 2 On The Run
My questions to the nominees:
- How did you start traveling, and why?
- What are the top three essentials you carry in your backpack?
- How many countries have you visited till date?
- What is your favorite international cuisine?
- Hotels, home-stays or hostels, which do you prefer the most?
- What is your ultimate dream travel destination?
- Who is your best travel companion?
- Have you ever traveled solo? Where?
- How many international trips do you go on every year?
- What is your best tip for budding travel bloggers?
- What is your number one tip to travel responsibly?